Thursday, April 23, 2015





It is my honor to join my fellow black male educators on Black.Man.Teach.  Check out the site: Black.Man.Teach 

Anthony Hubbard

“I teach because I believe it is the older generation’s responsibility to give the younger generation the necessary tools to have options in life. I am a firm believer in the power of learning, which I define as the process of growing one’s knowledge and new skills through life experiences. Thus, I teach my students a wide range of things to educate the whole person. Learning must and should happen both in the classroom and in the community. I am preparing my students to be global citizens who understand their own strengths and weaknesses, know how to build their employability skills, and empower them to take responsibility for the trajectory of their lives.

Being a man of color, it is also my responsibility to instill in the young brothers the importance of education. I try to teach them that education is not only the key to unlocking great potential, but they must themselves educate, elevate and raise the conscience of themselves and others along the way.
Teaching is a relationship and not just transference of information through a single pipeline, but true collaboration. I may hold the title of “teacher” but I, too, am a student.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Need of the Hour - To Educate Boys and Young Men of Color

A nation is formed by the contribution of every single one of its citizens. It grows, flourishes, progresses alongside its people. ...